I'm looking to change the exhaust on my '05 Chevy Silvardo...what should I do? It's the V6 4.3, 5spd. And I'm aiming to get duals..and what would the prices run?
I'm looking to change the exhaust on my '05 Chevy Silvardo...what should I do? It's the V6 4.3, 5spd. And I'm aiming to get duals..and what would the prices run?
Where's your God now?
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try' ". [i] - Yoda[/i]
"I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU WALK A MILE IN MY [censored]." [i]Danny AKA Tourettes Guy.[/i]
[img]http://www.jacobgraf.com/images/uploads/tourettesguy.jpg[/img]
at least 250 for "true" duals.
do you want true dual exhaust, or just have them split toward the back?
[IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Biggin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">at least 250 for "true" duals.
do you want true dual exhaust, or just have them split toward the back? </div></div>
"True" duals means two seperate systems one from each manifold with a connecting H pipe toward the middle of the truck to equalize the pressures. And this would run upwards of $1000 since you would have to have 2 cat converters (around $100-$150 each) and 2 mufflers (another $100-$150 each, and not made to last) and all the tubing and everything custom designed and bent.
Oh yeah don't forget that you would need to address O2 sensor concerns since this truck most likely only has 2 and you would need to determine how these need to be integrated and if it needs new ones they are aroun $125 each.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
thats what i was saying, it takes two seperate exhaust systems to run true duals.
most people just use an x pipe, its easier and cheaper.
[IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]
True the x-pipe is cheaper but your just asking for trouble and losing performance.
One other important factor to remember, any type of dual exhaust is illegal in VA.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
any kind of aftermarket exhaust is illegal in communist VA haha
its ridiculous, the tint, the exhaust, etc.... VA hates car enthusiasts
[IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]
The best way to go is to get a Magnaflow cat-back system. They are an all stainless system and carry a lifetime warranty. The dual rear exit system I sell for $525 and installation is $75.
You can go cheaper by going to a local muffler shop and having them put a system on but you will be making a big mistook. The magnaflow system is designe do to work with the truck and will be designed to give you the best performance while keeping the pressures equall out of both pipes. Most people don't realize how important exhaust flow and back pressure is to performance and just getting Joe down the street with a pipe bender to put one on is not the way to go. They also will use only aluminized pipe which will be rusting and needing to be replaced within 3-4 years then with inflation you will doing it again and now you have spent more than you would if you had done it right the first time.
Here is the link to Magnaflow's website it can answer any questions and they also have sound bites you can hear what it will sound like on your truck.
Magnaflow LINK
Just drop me a pm and I will happy to help you in any way.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
Bookmarks